It can be too easy to think recipes have one of two options: It can either be healthy OR it can be delicious. If it’s healthy, there’s no way it can taste good. If it tastes good, there’s no way it can be healthy. Especially when it comes to chicken breast. Unfortunately, I’ve tried one too many healthy chicken recipes that are dry and bland as cardboard (although I have to say I’ve never actually tasted cardboard, I guess I can imagine…). But this healthy chicken recipe breaks the mold. It’s juicy, flavorful, and no one would even guess that it’s made with real, dried apricots instead of apricot jam. I like to serve it with my kale and avocado salad and coconut lemongrass rice.
What’s awesome about chicken recipes like this one is that you can actually create new healthy meals with the leftovers in so many different ways. Here are a few ideas that you could use:
1. Chop up the chicken breast and toss in a salad.
2. Use chicken breast for a sandwich or a wrap.
3. Stir fry it with rice and veggies to make a chicken and veggie fried rice.
4. Shred chicken and make Chicken tacos
5. Make chicken quesadillas with tortillas and cheese (top with lettuce and tomato, of course)
6. Add to beans, veggies and broth and make a soup…
And the list goes on….I’d love for you to try out this recipe and let me know what you think!