I’m proud to say I’m over my salad slump. It’s true. For a while I was struggling with salads because they were all the same, and I was bored. But ever since I decided to try some new and creative salad combinations, I’ve been on a roll.
Here’s another one that takes one of my favorite deli sandwiches (BLT on sourdough) and turns it into a salad.
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (your choice. If you use almond milk, be sure it's not sweetened or flavored)
- 2 Tbsp ranch dressing mix (I like the simply organic brand)
- 2 Slices sourdough bread
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 tsp ranch dressing mix
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cooked & crumbled bacon
- Prehead oven 375 degrees
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch cubes
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss in ranch powder
- Bake for 5 minutes, turn croutons, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Wisk all dressing ingredients together until well combined.
- Mix romaine lettuce with dressing, reserving a little dressing to drizzle over the top.
- Separate lettuce onto four plates.
- Top each plate with remaining ingredients and croutons.
- Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Copyright 2013 Youtrition LLC.