Every winter, I’m convinced that I’m just not a salad person. Try as I might, I just can’t seem to endure the thought of raw lettuce. Then summer comes around and it’s the only thing I want to eat.
Typically, my salads involve whatever veggies we happen to have in the fridge, maybe some chopped fruit, and beans or meat. Nothing fancy, but it works.
But every once in a while, I get in a creative mood and want to try something new. This piña colada chicken salad was the result of one of those moods. I had a fresh pineapple that I wanted to experiment with, so I grabbed a few other ingredients and lo and behold, the piña colada chicken salad was born.
Piña Colada Chicken Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 Head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, halved or chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together 1 cup pineapple juice, red pepper flakes and grated ginger, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Marinade chicken in mixture 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dredge in coconut flour.
- Beat eggs and dip chicken in egg mixture.
- Coat chicken with coconut flakes.
- Bake at 375 Degrees for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Assemble salad with all listed ingredients, top with cooked chicken and dressing.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
Copyright 2013 Youtrition LLC.