As I’ve said before, I’m a huge fan of real desserts, and rarely try to make “healthier” alternatives if they aren’t likely to taste as good or be satisfying. But this is one of those that tastes as good, or even better than the real thing, so I had to share. I’ve noticed that I’m not a fan of most pumpkin ice creams out there, because they are just too sweet for me. This ice cream uses the natural sweetness of the bananas, as well as the vanilla flavor of the protein powder to complement the pumpkin perfectly. Add in some dark chocolate chips (well chunks really) and I honestly think this is the best pumpkin ice cream ever, not to mention that it’s actually a well balanced snack.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- 2 overripe bananas, frozen
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 TBSP Coconut oil
- 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tsp pure maple syrup
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend together bananas, pumpkin, and protein powder until smooth.
- Mix together chocolate chip ingredients in a small bowl.
- With the ice cream still in the blender, turn blender/food processor on low speed and drizzle in chocolate mixture until spread throughout the ice cream. It will harden as it hits the frozen ice cream, causing it to make "chips" rather than blending in with it.
Copyright 2013 Youtrition LLC.